Thursday, August 30, 2012

Get Paid While You Grief

Perhaps it's the carebear in me, but I've never liked griefing people.  I don't know what it is, but I don't find solace in the tears of others.  Or at least, that's what I thought until I started Leeching (aka Ninja Plexing), at which point I realized, I have no qualms about causing tears, it's the fact that I wasn't being paid that has kept me from griefing in the past.  Ninja Plexing (AKA Leeching), however, rewards you for griefing by taking 1/2 of your target's LP earned.  It's like a "Heavy LP Nosferatu II".

But, I know what you're thinking. Half of you are thinking "if you want to make the most isk, and plexing pays better, why not just plex?"  The other half is thinking "If you want to cause harm to the Matari plexer, why not just go in there with your Amarr main, and shoot him?"  I will answer both questions, starting with the latter.

If I want to prevent my opponents (the Matari) from plexing with an Amarr toon, I have to
A: Jump into local
B: Find the plex they are in
C: Warp to that plex
D: Enter the plex
E: Fly near the button to point/web them.
F: Watch them die

From the point that I jump into local (A), until I fly close enough to them to point/web them (E), my opponent can:
A: Notice me in local
B: Watch D-scan until I get to the outside of their plex
C: Align to a Safe Spot
D: Warp once I enter the plex

Due to the time it takes me to get from the stargate to the button, the plexer is in little to no risk of losing their ship, and with the current plexing system, if I want to prevent them from completing the current plex, I have to stay on the button long enough to cancel out their time on button + the initial time (ie: defensive plex), or I can leave, and they can pick up right where they began.  If I stay and d-plex, during the same time they can run an identical plex at a new location and have time left over (due to me not just having to run down the initial time, but the additional time they ran it up as well), in which case I have not accomplished anything.  If I leave, they can re-enter their plex and continue right where they left off, in which case I have accomplished nothing.

If I want to inhibit my opponents (The Matari) from plexing with a Matari toon, I have to
A: Jump into local
B: Find the plex they are in
C: Warp to that plex
D: Enter the plex
E: Fly near the button


You will notice, that not much has changed.  However, since I am a "blue" to them, they often do not run away.  Oh, sure, they might cry in local for me to leave, but honestly, they are left with only a few choices:

A: Accept their Fate- take half the LP, and let me take the other half.  This not only lowers their LP/hour by half, but also demoralizes them.
B: Shoot at me with their Matari toon to chase me off/kill me- Albeit, this of course, requires guns (which many do not have), skills to use weapons (which many do not have), a pvp fit (which many do not have), and even then, since 95% (my estimate) do not shoot the rats, all I would have to do, is point and web them, and the rats dps would add up pretty quickly.  And even, assuming all of this in their favor, they still take a standings hit toward the Minmatar Republic, which they need to keep positive standings with, to continue to plex.
C: Defend their plex with an alt that is not in the Minmatar Republic.  This is by far the most effective way to keep their plex to themselves, however, by already forcing them to have an alt, that will need to go pirate (or need to be in the Amarr/Caldari Militias) and need to have skills, I am forcing many of them to do something that they cannot.  On the off chance that they can, there are naturally, ways to counter them, which I will go into detail, in my next blog.

Stay Tuned.  My next blog will cover
A: How to maximize griefage while Leeching (aka Ninja Plexing)
B: What to do if they do drop an alt on you.
C: Why I Leech rather than plex.

In the meantime, you might find Hans' recent Blog a good read of things that might come in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment