Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Those Three Little Letters- I S K


I've made more isk in the past 3 months in FW (97% of the LP came from fw plexing rather than fw missions, although as I am starting to find out, those might be as rewarding if not more rewarding) than I have in any prior YEAR of my eve career.  Heck, if I keep this up, I might make more ISK this year, than I have up until now in my 6+ year eve career.  With the current payout system, if your faction can attain tier 4 or 5 (Matari had reached tier 5, and look likely to do it again soon, and the Amarr had pushed to tier 4 for a cashout) you are set to cash out a fair amount of easily earned LP for some major prizes.

As an example, at tier 5, you can cashout 11,250 LP + a tag worth roughly 1M isk for an SFI (Stabber Fleet Issue) 1 run blueprint copy.  Taking into account the cost to build it (I am estimating here, I have not run the exact numbers) of say roughly 10-12 million, that still leaves you with an SFI, at a cost of lets say 13M ISK + 11.25K LP.  You can earn 25K LP doing one major plex (20 minutes) in a 2 day old alt, in a ship worth practically nothing (in case it gets popped).  The barrier to entry is low, and the benefit is high.  So in our example above, that major plex, which took me 20 minutes to run, has given me 2 SFI's worth of LP + a little extra.  Assuming SFI's fall in price a bit from where they are now, to say, 40M (a conservative estimate), I have still earned 54M ISK in 20 minutes.  Assuming I do nothing else except for one major plex every day, I come out to 19.7B ISK profit at the end of one year.  Yeah, the isk is that good from ONE major plex a day...

Yes, there are a lot of variables (for example, this assumes you cash out ALL your LP at tier 5), but I believe I have selected an item that is popular, but not necessarily the highest ISK/LP (in this case an SFI bpc).

I am sure this (the system) will be changed (patched) at some point in the future.  The risk-reward ratio is way off, and I can't think of many better ways to make isk in the game at the moment (c6 wormholes perhaps, playing the market, owning a tech moon, anything else?)  (Note the first and 2nd can be quite risky and require either large startup capital, skills, time, or some combination thereof.  Owning tech moons simply requires you to be a large nullsec alliance, no biggee there...)

Curious Note: ISK in eve stands for Inter-Stellar Kredits, but in the real world, is also the 3 digit code for Icelandic Krona (where CCP is based) for FOREX exchange.

There is a reason, however, for the system being how it currently is (ie: way too easy and too profitable) which I will explain in my next blog.  Stay tuned for that.  Until then, go plex, and make that wallet fatter!

No comments:

Post a Comment