Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Winter Shopping Season


In much of America, Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving (which always falls on a Thursday) officially marks the beginning of the Christmas winter shopping season.  In Eve, why wait for Black Friday though, when you can start making iskies by shopping appropriately now, for the upcoming winter holiday (Dec 4th, of course)?  So what then, should be on your winter shopping list so as to make a profit.  Here is a copy of my list, and also an explanation as to why and how I think you can make a nice profit from each.
As a reference source for all my ideas, I use the most recent tiercide blog.
For Everyone:
1: Support (Logi) Frigates- I think everyone will want to test out the combat ability of the new support frigs, and see if they are over/under powered.  It would be a good idea to start producing/buying these up now while their demand is still low, and sell them on patch day.  I see no reason most players wouldn't want to pay 2-3M for a ship like this, whereas the build cost is in the low hundreds of thousands.

2: Combat & Disruption Frigates: These too will be buffed, and while I don't think their demand will meet that of the support (logi) frigs, I think most people will want to test out what they can do.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for 2-3X build cost on patch day.

3: Combat, Disruption, & Attack Cruisers: I would stick with the cruisers that now suck, and will receive a nice buff due to the patch, as their demand will greatly increase, all at once, causing for a spike in price.

4: Support Cruisers: These might not grab the same attention as the new logi frigs, mostly because they already exist, but I do believe they see use after the patch, extensively if they prove to be near on-par with their tech-2 varients, as I suspect.

5: Small/medium remote reps (shield and armor, as well as energy xfer): For every new support frig and cruiser, I would assume 2-4 reps will be needed per ship.  With that kind of demand, all at once, I would assume the price of these will sky rocket.

6: Drone Damage Amplifier mod: While I don't expect a skyrocket out of this item, you can expect a nice price appreciation, both initially (as many of the newly remade ships will be using drones), and over time, as the mod is getting a buff.

For the quick Buck:
7: New Destroyers/mining frigate- If you have access to a manufacturing pos near a market hub, and you're quick, you can take a risk, buy a bpo of these as soon as the patch hits, and build one or two of these babies.  This won't make you a ton of isk, but you might be able to sell for enough over build cost, to recoup the cost of the BPO, and therefore, have a free BPO henceforth.  I remember when the drake first came out, the first 6-7 hours, it was selling for double build cost (as people do not want to wait), before coming down in price.

8: Micro Jump Drive- Once agian, this involves time, and a risk, but it may prove fruitful (if you have a manufacturing pos near a trade hub) to buy the bpo here, and produce a few right off the bat, selling them for massive profit, as I believe this mod will be quite revolutionary.  After the initial intrigue falls away, I would manufacture in npc stations, as the cost is much cheaper.  This bpo should be able to give you consistent returns over time.

9: Salvage Drone- Once again this involves timing.  I would buy the bpo and manufacture these at a pos right after patch.  Rather than looking for a trade hub, I would try and setup shop near a mission hub, as this is the missioners dream drone.


No comments:

Post a Comment